Planning a wedding is no easy feat. Timing is key for it all to fall into place. It is why you must prepare in advance when planning a wedding with a partner that is outside of the UK.
The UK Fiancé Visa is designed to allow non-EEA nationals to enter the UK to marry or form a civil partnership with their UK-residing partner. The applicant’s partner must either have “settled” status in the country or be a UK citizen.
This visa route also covers people with Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK and those with limited leave to remain under the EU and ECAA appendix.
For the UK Fiancé Visa, you and your partner must marry within six months of entering the UK. Processing times for both, your Fiancé Visa Application and Home Office should be taken into consideration.
How Long Does It Take To Get A UK Fiancé Visa?
Generally, the UKVI (UK Visa & Immigration) takes two to three months to process UK Fiancé Visa applications from receiving them. But in essence, the time it takes to process the application depends largely on the standard of your application.
If your application has all the required documents attached, is free of inconsistencies or errors and provides accurate and updated information, you will receive a quick decision on your Fiancé Application.
If your application fails to meet the required standard. You will be hearing from an immigration official. He may ask you to provide further information or documents to strengthen your application. Of course, this will impact the time it takes to get a UK Fiancé Visa.
To avoid this, our immigration solicitors suggest that we provide all supporting documentation from the get-go. With your visa requirements met, the Home Office will process your application faster.
Contact our expert immigration solicitors for guidance on UK Fiancé Visa. We have offices located across the UK, including in London, Greater Manchester, Rochdale and Nottingham.
How to Avoid Delays When Submitting A UK Fiancé Visa Application?
For starters, ensure that your application is completed to the highest standard. For this, you will require legal guidance from a professional immigration lawyer. Royce Legal Solicitors is a renowned immigration law firm and are specialists in the field of immigration law. Our extensive experience gives us an edge, and you can trust us to complete and submit your UK Fiancé Visa applications without worry. Our immigration solicitors will determine whether you meet the requirements and make sure you attach all relevant documents and supporting evidence to get a successful response your first time.
UK Fiancé Visa requirements include:
- The age for both partners must be 18 years or above.
- Provide evidence that you plan on getting married (within 6 months) to your partner who is a UK citizen or has “settled” status in the UK.
- Meet all the financial requirements – these entail providing evidence that you have the means to financially support yourselves as a couple. The amount should equal at least £18,600 without you relying on public funds.
- Provide proof that you and your UK partner intend to live together in the UK once you enter a civil partnership or are married.
- Proficiency in the English Language. It is an essential requirement. If you or your partner belong to a non-English speaking country, you will have to provide an approved English language test. It will demonstrate that you are well versed in the English language in terms of understanding and communication (level A1).
For further information on Fiancé Visa in the UK, contact our expert immigration lawyers for help. As an immigration law firm, our solicitors provide legal advice, application support and guidance on a wide range of UK visas, including UK Fiancé Visas. Call us on 01706 655 592 for a quick free consultation.