Tier 1 Investor Visa
What Is Tier 1 Investor Visa?
The UK Tier 1 Investor Visa is a long term settlement visa for foreigners that wish to settle in Great Britain. The minimum amount of investment required is £2 million. The greater your investment, the quicker you will be able to apply for ILR (indefinite leave to remain). You can settle in the UK by 2 years at the earliest and become a British citizen by 5 years.
It isn’t a complex process and Royce Legal Solicitors can help you with your application and guide you on investments in the right amenities to meet your visa requirements. We also aid in investment management during your stay in Great Britain. Contact our team to help plan a way forward for you.
Eligibility Criteria for Tier 1 Investor Visa
For you to qualify for a tier 1 investor visa, you are required to invest £2 million in the UK registered companies and business. These £2 million cannot be invested in property, its management or development. You also need to be over 18 years of age and belong to a country, not in the European Economic Area (non-EEA). You must pass diligence checks and be able to prove that you are behind your investments funds for two years at the least.
For your generous contribution, you will have unlimited freedom in your activities in the UK. The first visa is issued for 3 years and four months. It allows you to study, work and live in the UK. You are also allowed to bring dependants such children under 18 years of age, married, civil and unmarried partners (fee for all dependants should be also paid for separately).
How to Apply For a Tier 1 Investor Visa?
The process is not complex. You can apply and extend your Tier 1 Investor visa as follows:
- Submit your first application three months before you arrive in the UK
- Application fee and NHS Immigration healthcare surcharge fee should be paid for (£1500.00). The healthcare fee covers your healthcare while you stay in the UK.
- Depending on the country you apply from, you will receive a decision in three weeks. If it’s approved, your visa will be valid for three years and four months.
- You can extend your visa after this time for another two years, extension decisions usually take somewhere between a day to eight weeks.
- You can apply for settlement if after 2 years your investments are at least £10 million. 3 years if you have investments of at least £5 million and 5 years if your investments are at least £2 million.
How Can Royce Legal Solicitors Help?
Our expert immigration solicitors can advise you at any stage of the process from first time applications to reapplications. We have a 100% success rate for Tier 1 Investor Visas. We will walk you through each step in the application process, gather the required documents and check your application for errors (if any) before you apply.
As mentioned earlier, our lawyers will also recommend investment opportunities that match your visa requirements and long term financial goals.
Royce Legal Solicitors also work on extension and renewal of application. We will ensure that you met the relevant immigration rules during your first three years in the UK. Some of the rules are listed below:
- Do not receive any public funds.
- Do not work as a sportsperson, doctor or dentist in training.
In the case that any issues are found, our solicitors will help correct the smooth extension of your visa. Our immigration lawyers will support you throughout the validation period of your visa. If you have any reservations about the application renewal process, our immigration lawyer will just be a call away. The sooner you contact us regarding your issues, the higher the likelihood of us resolving them with ease.
If Your Application Is Refused?
If your initial or extension application is refused, here’s what we can do for you:
- Apply for an administrative review to challenge the decision.
- Advise on other available visa options for you
- Switch you to a different immigration category if applicable and beneficial for you.
Contact Royce Legal Solicitors today to help ease your stress.