Need help with your Partners UK visa?

UK Spouse Visa

A Partner Visa UK, also known as a UK Marriage Visa, is a settlement visa that allows you to live together with your British partner in the UK for up to 30 months.

It can be extended for another 30 months if you meet certain eligibility conditions. Holding a Partner Visa is the first step towards Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and, eventually, British Citizenship.

To apply for a Marriage Visa and enter the UK, you must be married to, or in a civil partnership with a British citizen, UK settled person or UK refugee. The main eligibility criteria include providing proof that you are in a genuine relationship and that you meet specific financial conditions.

Immigration solicitors Birmingham

Get in touch today and see how we can help you

Spouse Visa Checklist

What are the requirements for a Spouse Visa?

Before you submit your application for a UK Spouse Visa, you need to:

  • Have all the required documents
  • Have all the required documents
  • Meet the minimum income threshold and the financial requirement
  • Demonstrate your knowledge of the English language
  • Have proof of suitable accommodation for you, your partner and any dependents
  • Get your biometrics taken to get leave to remain
  • To remain in the UK, you may also need to pass a medical test to show you don’t have Tuberculosis (TB), depending on the applicant’s country of residence

Can I renew or extend a UK Spouse Visa?

You can renew and extend your Marriage Visa for another 2 years and 6 months, as long as your current leave to remain hasn’t expired.

After you have lived in the UK for a total of 5 years, you can apply for settled status (ILR). Get in touch with our lawyers if you need to apply for a UK Spouse Visa renewal.

How long does the Partner Visa process take?

It usually takes between 2 to 12 weeks for a Spouse Visa case to be processed.
The Partner Visa processing time can vary depending on the documents provided
and the country where the application is submitted from.

What are the Spouse Visa financial requirements?

The UK national of the relationship is known as the sponsor and he or she is
required to meet specific criteria.

First, you will need to prove that you and your partner meet the financial requirement and have enough money to support yourselves without claiming
public funds.

The UK spouse needs an income of at least £18,600 before tax if there are no
dependent children.

If you have one dependent child, you will need an income of £22,400 before tax to
meet the financial requirement. For any other children, the sponsor will need an extra £2,400 for each subsequent child.

What if I don’t meet the financial requirement?

If you don’t have enough money from all the listed sources of income to meet the
mandatory Marriage Visa financial requirement, or you are unsure about your
income, seek the advice of our specialist immigration lawyers, as exceptional
circumstances may apply

How much does a UK Spouse Visa application cost?

The Home Office’s current fee is of £1,523 for any application submitted from abroad. If you are submitting your application from within the UK, the cost is reduced to £1,033. This charge will increase if you are applying with dependents and will increase for each dependent.

You can only apply from inside the UK if you are not trying to enter the country as a visitor or have been given leave to stay in the UK for more than 6 months. You cannot apply for a fiance(e) permit from inside the UK.

There are additional costs related to your UK Spouse Visa application that you
should consider when you send your forms. This includes:

▪ Qualified translation services for your documents that are not in English or
▪ An approved English test, that is a mandatory requirement for the majority of
▪ Additional fees for the Home Office’s Priority Premium Service, if you wish to
receive an answer from the UKVI within five working day

We Help With

Spouse & Family Visa

Speak to us now on 01706 655 592

If you have questions or wish to book a free consultation? Contact us today, we’re here to help.