The Temporary Work – Seasonal Worker Visa is intended for seasonal workers who wish to come to the UK with a sponsor who is an approved scheme operator in edible or ornamental horticulture.
Applications from workers in the edible or ornamental horticulture sectors are not subject to a time limit.
It allows migrants from all over the world to come to the UK as seasonal workers if they work for farmers in the edible horticulture sector who have a special government licence allowing them to sponsor such temporary workers.
What are the different types of Temporary Work Visas?
To travel to the UK, you can apply for one of the following categories:
- Charity Workers – are those who work unpaid or on a volunteer basis for a UK-registered charity.
- Sporting and creative – for highly skilled athletes, musicians, and actors. Sportspeople must be internationally recognised at the highest level in their sport or enter the UK to make a significant contribution to the development of their field.
- Government Authorised Exchange – is only available to nationals of countries that have signed an approved exchange scheme. Young foreigners can use this visa to gain work experience, training, or academic research in the UK, or to participate in an Overseas Government Language Programme.
- International Agreement – If you will be contracted to do work covered by international law or treaty while in the UK, you will need an International Agreement visa.
- Religious Workers Visa – The criteria for a Religious Worker visa is that engage in religious work in a non-pastoral capacity or religious order.
- Poultry workers – As a Poultry Worker, you will be responsible for the flock’s bird welfare. Responsibilities include walking the sheds, laying shavings, and handling chickens, among other things.
- Drivers of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) – Drivers of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) transport goods between locations. They transport goods for suppliers and customers on a local, national, and international scale. As a truck driver, you will spend a lot of time on the road and maybe away from home regularly. You’ll plan delivery schedules and ensure loads are delivered on time and to the correct locations.
- Butchers Worker – A butcher is someone who cuts or sells meat for a living. Butchers can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
There are four main eligibility requirements for this visa:
- Age Requirement – Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Employer Sponsorship – Applicants must possess a sponsorship certificate reference number from a UK sponsor.
- Maintenance – applicants must demonstrate their ability to support themselves by displaying at least £1,270 in their bank account for 28 days before applying (some employers may be able to offer some sort of guarantee on this, so applicants do not need to have these funds in their bank when applying).
- Application Fee and the Immigration Health Charge – You have paid the visa application fee and the Immigration Health Charge, as well as provided any biometric information that is required.
Documents You Must Submit
You should include the following information when submitting your application:
- Sponsorship certificate reference number – your sponsor will provide you with a valid passport or other document proving your identity and nationality proof that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, such as bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you)
- Your visa will require a blank page in your passport. If you have another type of travel document (for example, a travel document for a stateless person), it must have space for your visa.
- Aside from your passport, you must also provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
- Following your application, the Home Office may request additional documents.
Our business immigration Solicitors have experience assisting employers and skilled workers in a wide range of industries and businesses of all sizes. Our solicitors can assist you in planning to ensure that you meet your start date and that your career progression aligns with your immigration objectives.
We take pride in being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting the needs of our clients. We are a highly motivated team of immigration solicitors committed to providing skilled workers with clear and reliable immigration advice as part of professional and friendly services.